One Lovely Blog Award

Mal has recently honoured me with the One Lovely Blog Award.Β Yay! Now I have a duty to follow some rules. πŸ™‚

I made a video to accept it, so… I hope it’s not too painful to watch it. πŸ˜›

Yep, still pulling weird, unflattering faces while talking, still mumbling, still going off on tangents. Not much has changed. I just hope this video is better than my previous one, because that one was really bad!

Then…

I nominate:

Avra-Sha Faohla (http://itreallymakesmewonder.wordpress.com)

I’m so glad she returned to the blogging world a few months ago and I always enjoy going to see what’s new on her blog.

Beth (http://bethanish.wordpress.com)

We may be very, very different, but I enjoy every one of Beth’s posts and I have done so for probably about two years (…?) now. πŸ™‚

Professor VJ Duke (http://thepunchylands.wordpress.com)

I must admit, I only found this site very recently and I’m still trying to make sense of all of it, but I’ve never seen a blog like this before. The Professor certainly deserves a Lovely Blog Award. Seriously, go check it out!

GraceΒ (http://culturallife.wordpress.com)

For being a lovely blogger and commenter! Her latest bunch of photographs of “Hogwarts” is stunning!

Yes, I’m aware that’s only four. I can’t think who else I would like to give it to, so four it is. πŸ˜€ Cheater!

Okayyyyy, much as I may hate this subject, this essay isn’t going to write itself. I’ll be off and see you all again in a couple of weeks.

Siggy

PS. Bonus fun fact: I had to record this video twice because after I had finished the first time, I realised that only my chin had been in frame. That’s what happens if you don’t have a fold-out viewfinder!

1. Love the video!

September 29, 2013 at 06:04

• Oh thank goodness! πŸ˜›

October 1, 2013 at 20:10

2. Mal

Loved the video, Elana…you’re a natural! May you carry on writing and drawing, may your incredible talent continue to grow like the mighty oak! All the best. πŸ™‚

September 29, 2013 at 13:21

• Ooh, I get so nervous when a camera looks at me! πŸ˜‰
      Thanks, you’re very kind!

October 1, 2013 at 20:15

3. Congratulations, Elana. You are a very creative artist and writer. Go ahead.

September 29, 2013 at 16:50

• Thank you and for the encouragement as well!

October 1, 2013 at 20:17

4. Whaaaaat? They’re having you read TWILIGHT for SCHOOL? What kind of class is that? It can’t be a literature course. . . .

September 29, 2013 at 20:03

• Oh yes it’s a literature course. I do Children’s Literature, which is everything from picture books for toddlers to today’s popular YA.
      Actually, contrary to popular belief, a work does not have to be considered “good” to be taught in a university literature course. You might study it simply as an example of how not to do it. For example, yesterday we did a really lame zombie apocalypse novel in class and looked at what made it bad and compared it to better books.
      As far as I can deduce upfront, it seems that we will be looking at how the hell Twilight is so popular and Bella as an “insert yourself here” character.
      Before Mr Zombie Apocalypse Novel up there, we did Princess Diaries. Now this can hardly be called great literature, but we also looked how come they’re so popular. Frankly, I think they’re better than Twilight. I’m too old for them now, but about 8 years ago, I would have loved it… *whispers* I prefer the movie!

October 1, 2013 at 21:05

• Ha, that’s not what I was taught to be the definition of literature!

Oh, Princess Diaries! I was fond of those books when I read them in 6th grade. Never watched the movie, though.

October 2, 2013 at 06:23

5. Also, thanks so much for the nomination! I didn’t even know you read my blog! (I guess because you’re not a follower and I can’t recall seeing any comments from you . . . ?)

September 29, 2013 at 20:34

• My pleasure!
      I do read it. I’m horribly bad at subscribing to blogs, I just sometimes click through when you come commenting. Don’t know why I don’t just add it to my bloglovin!
      I really liked your recent short story. It was very powerful!

October 1, 2013 at 21:09

• Aw, thanks! I’m glad you enjoyed it.

October 2, 2013 at 06:27

6. elizabethweaver

Congratulations, Elana! You do such great work that I’m happy you’re receiving this level of acknowledgement for it. Keep cartooning & learning & enjoy!

September 29, 2013 at 21:19

• Thank you, I really appreciate your support.

October 1, 2013 at 21:11

7. Ooo, thank you for the award! I’ll be making my post soon as I have some time!

Love the video! It’s always so fun to hear the voice behind the writing voice. πŸ™‚ I know a lot of girls that don’t like pink because of the very reason you mentioned. But it’s okay with me because I’ll take all the pink and then we don’t get things mixed up. πŸ˜› I even have a pink digital camera!

Yeah, I have the same question as Avra! What kind of class makes you read Twilight books!?

September 30, 2013 at 19:29

• Yes, that’s true, I think. You hear a nuance of voice and character in vlogs that you don’t find in blogs. Mmm, maybe that’s why we have to read our own stuff aloud in creative writing class, instead of letting people read for themselves…
      Well, that works too! My best friend also loves pink. Often, when little girls say their favourite colour is pink, I just want to ask “Did you think of that yourself, or did you let other people tell you that?” When you’re older you can decide for yourself obviously, but it bothers me how little girls feel they should like pink.
      I explained it to Avra, so you can go have a look! πŸ™‚

October 1, 2013 at 21:23

• When I was a little girl I had three favorite colors: pink, purple, and yellow. Everyone else liked just pink and purple, but I thought yellow was equally nice and couldn’t understand why others didn’t feel that way. The fact that I lumped the three together, rather than yellow being a separate category, seems to me an indication that I didn’t choose those colors because I felt I SHOULD like them. So I’d think that other girls probably also really do like pink.

October 2, 2013 at 07:19