You know, the thing with always being connected…

Look Mum! It’s a real, full-length cartoon about some point that I’m trying to make! Just like in the old days!

I hope this makes sense to you. 🙂

Cover

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Please tell me I’m not the only one who prefers to believe improbable situations over the perfectly logical…? 😉 Actually, amend that to: my anxiety prefers to dream up improbable situations which are then stuck over the logic in my brain with super glue.

I don’t have any more creative writing matters to report, as I didn’t present to the class this week. (I’m still plugging slowly away. It’s just that there are too many people in class for everyone to have a turn every week.) I was quite relieved actually, because I’d become so stuck in research the past week, that I only had half a chapter done. My mood ranged from “This is so interesting, I never knew!” to “Why did I have to choose such a complicated psychology?! Is there still time left to start over?”

I’ve changed my mind about my plot about 50 times now. Hopefully I’ve now found one that I will stick with, because it will be quite difficult to throw everything out halfway and start over if I have to hand in a polished product at the end of the year. This really isn’t NaNoWriMo. Also, it’s so difficult to portray disorders with empathy without romanticising it, or making light of it. Uggghhhh. Why do I always have to pick such complicated things to write about…?

PS. Do you like the new background for the cartoons?

Siggy

1. This is completely true. Technology has made us way too demenading. Everyone wants a reply right away. But as someone with anxiety issues I do sometimes worry that someone got murdered / mugged / walked infront of a bus while reading my text if they don’t text me back.
    Also, when me and my boyfriend were going through a rough patch I decided to write him a letter. But it turned out that the two days waiting to see if he got it were excruciating. Letters are sweet and romantic in theory.. in reality they’re not good for crazy people like me.

p.s. I love your cartoons!

August 23, 2013 at 15:29

• Yes! That’s exactly the way my mind works too! Woohoo! Someone understands! 😀
      I can’t stand the waiting for a letter either. Also, I get super worked up if I ordered something online and am then waiting for the package, especially if I think it is taking longer than it should.
      Thank you! 🙂

August 23, 2013 at 19:36

• I’m just happy to know there are other people out there like me. 🙂

August 23, 2013 at 22:02

• Yes, it’s a comforting thought. 🙂

August 24, 2013 at 20:34

2. Yes, I listened to cassetes as a child! And I grew up without Internet in my house. I even had a pen-pal, the old-fashioned way. 😉 (But I never was a fan of floppy disk. For some reason I couldn’t rely on them. Sometimes they worked and sometimes they didn’t.)

Anyway, this is so true! People expect you at their fingertips! It’s so frustrating. And I find this mentality in myself, too; I expect others at my fingertips. I don’t want to be like that!! But it’s kind of the mentality of the world I live in, so it’s hard not to.

August 29, 2013 at 21:54

• Oh yeah! 😀
      Yep, the floppy disks broke way too easily. And they took one whole megabyte! Wow!
      Exactly, I find myself getting annoyed when people don’t reply to my messages and later I just end up putting my phone away so that I can actually get some homework done. So hypocritical! 😉

August 30, 2013 at 21:46

3. I would say that all of those are utmostly true. Few years ago, I kept in touch with my friend via hand-written letters, it might take nearly two weeks to get a reply, but it was okay, I can wait. I set myself free from it and did a lot of works while waiting. But now, when we are connected to each other by mobile phone which takes less than one minute to send a text and even less to make a call, we seemingly become more and more impatient. When I texted to my boyfriend and hadnt got a reply yet, I pondered so much “Is he okay? What’s happened to him? Is he texting to another girl?” or that sort of things. It does not make our life better at all. It seems to degrade our life hahah. It makes us depending on so-called new technology. And it sucks.

September 5, 2013 at 13:21

• Before everyone had cell phones, I would still worry when someone was late for an appointment or something, because that is just my nature. But now, with phones, I don’t just worry, I get frustrated and angry because he did not let me know he was going to be late.
      It can really warp our personalities. I don’t like it either.

September 7, 2013 at 00:49