So… er… hello everyone. I haven’t been around much. Now I’m back with a super-long text post which is possible the lamest way to return to a poor, ailing blog. I will still finish the Shakespeare cartoon series, but it’s really hard to do that and try to keep up with all of my academic work at the moment.
Anyway, I stole this post from Beth over at Hear a Snippet Here, whose blog name I invariably type as “Here a Snippet Hear”. And I wrote this on Thursday night – I did not have class today! Actually, this is a scheduled post: I’m not in front of my computer at the moment (for once). I went to the mall with my best friend, who is mentioned several times below, so we can work on our social lives.
Full Name: Well, as I’m secretly a vampire, my name is much too long to be contained on a single screen.
No, to be serious, I don’t like vampires all that much. I also don’t like my full name (or first name) all that much. I’ve been stuck spelling everything constantly since forever.
Birthday: 7 Nov 1991
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 92 Truths about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, copy and paste this note, erase my answers and enter your own, tag people in the under portion of the app then click save.)
^^Okay, I have no idea what that is about. But as you’re apparently supposed to leave it, I’ll leave it in.
WHAT WAS YOUR:
1. Last beverage : Water! Part of my mission to improve my life and drink more water.
2. Last phone call : Not counting that I accidentally fake-called myself today and gave me a fright, my best friend called me to talk about ereaders and music and going out later.
3. Last text message: I texted my mum to say I’m done with class and on my way home.
4. Last song : The theme song to The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. Yes, I’m doing a rewatch due to withdrawal.
5. Last time you cried : I’m not sure. I’m not really a crier. It may have been the last time I watched Lord of the Rings and that was a while back (I’m just too busy!). Without fail, when Sam starts crying in the Grey Havens scene, I sympathy-cry because it is just so beautiful and tragic and I can’t handle that all at once. Hey, I even cry when reading that scene in the book!
HAVE YOU EVER:
6. Dated someone twice: Nope.
7. Been cheated on: Not in the way you mean. Online video gaming, oh yes. I swear that is the place where you learn all you need to know and more about human nature.
8. Kissed someone & regretted it : Well, I wasn’t the kiss instigator…
9. Lost someone special : Of course, haven’t everyone? That obviously doesn’t make it hurt any less.
10. Been depressed: I’ve posted about this too many times before, so let’s just settle for the shortest yes.
11. Been drunk and threw up : Look, my own freakin’ liver gets drunk all by its lovely self, without me drinking anything, and makes me throw up. I don’t need alcohol for that. Also, I’m a teetotaller.
LIST THREE FAVORITE COLORS:
SINCE LAST YEAR (2012), HAVE YOU:
15. Made a new friend : Wait, is this since the beginning of this year of the beginning of last year? That question is seriously unclear. Anyway… no I don’t think so. I’m getting to know several new people at the moment, though.
16. Fallen out of love : I guess so? I’m quite good at tripping and falling, even on flat surfaces, in flat shoes. 😉 I’m sure where this love you’re mentioning is, though.
17. Laughed until you cried: I don’t think so.
18. Met someone who changed you : … no. Well, not in real life.
19. Found out who your true friends were : I already knew.
20. Found out someone was talking about you: I have a built-in invisibility cloak. People don’t notice my existence in the first place so they can’t gossip about me.
21. Kissed anyone on your FB friend’s list : I don’t have a Facebook. I don’t know if my friends have Facebooks or friends or Facebook lists of friends.
22. How many people on your FB friends list do you know in real life: I don’t have a Facebook. Aren’t you listening to what I’ve been saying?!
24. Do you have any pets: No. 😦 Allergies… I want one of these though. If I don’t turn out allergic to them as well.
25. Do you want to change your name: No, not even with all the grief it gives me, like having to spell all the time. No, not even should I get married.
26. What did you do for your last birthday : I think… I believe I wrote an exam. Or I was preparing to write an exam. My schools and university have been nice enough to give me an exam for my birthday every year for about the last 10 years. I was also busy not falling behind in NaNoWriMo.
27. What time did you wake up today: 8am. I only had class at 14:30. 😀
28. What were you doing at midnight last night : I was on Twitter…?
29. What’s something you can’t wait for : I can wait for lots of things.
30. Last time you saw your mother : Three hours ago when I left the TV to come hide in my room.
31. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life: I could really do without this last assignment of the semester in my life. Actually, I could do without having to do Literary Theory at all. Ugh.
32. What are you listening to right now: Myself chewing a ginger cookie. My favourite!
33. Have you ever talked to a person named Tom? I don’t know any Toms. I did know a Tom about ten years ago as he was in my class. More or less that.
34. What’s getting on your nerves right now: The assignment I mentioned in #31.
35. Most visited webpage : Pretty sure it’s my Tumblr. *checks browser stats* Yep, Tumblr.
37. Nickname(s) : My friends called me Ellie in school. I haven’t heard it in a while though. My internet nickname has been Hildemary for years now. Mostly because it is almost never taken. And don’t you dare steal it now!!!
38. Relationship Status: Single. By choice.
39. Zodiac Sign : Scorpio.
40. He or She: What is this question even asking? Is there a reference I should get?
41. Elementary : I did not go to elementary school. Change your terminology and I might answer.
42. Middle/High School : Neither did I go to middle school. Okay, I did go to high school.
43. College : Technically, I do not go to college either, as it is a university, but I’ll stop being so obnoxious about words. I’m currently in my fourth year and I think this may be the best year yet. I study Eeeeenglish.
44. Hair color : Naturally, dark brown leaning towards black at my neck.
45. Long or short hair : Long. Finally. I cut it the shortest it has ever been two years ago. Oops. A bit of a mistake. Now it is finally waist-length again.
46. Height : 1.6m (5’3″)
47. Do you have a crush on someone? : Real or fictional? Because I only go in for fictional crushes.
48. What do you like about yourself ? : Patience to still be working through these questions.
49. ? : Where’s the interrobang?
50. Tattoos : Eh-he-he-he, not my thing. The white ones are pretty though.
51. Righty or lefty : Lefty. I think. I hate this question so much I might just write a whole post about it. Oh, idea!
52. First surgery : The digging out of two wisdom teeth from wherever they were hiding in my skull when I was 18. Which was horrible. It has also been my only surgery so far.
53. First piercing : I had ear piercings when I was 12. I’ve badly wanted a helix piercing for ages now, but I’m too pathetic to just get it done.
54. First best friend : I’ve had the same best friend since I was 7 and I’ve already mentioned her in #2. We even share a birthday! Obviously I used to see her every day at school for 11 years… now, we’re lucky if it’s once every two months. *sigh* Thank goodness for modern technology.
55. First sport you joined : The sport of always being last and horrible at everything physical.
56. First vacation : As we live very far from my parents’ families, we’ve always been visiting since I was little. Apparently I used to like it. Now, ehhhhhhhhsigh. According to my mother, the first time I saw the sea, I went streaking for it and totally freaked everyone out.
57. First job : My first editing commission when I was 18.
58. First words : “Pa”, as in “papa”. Most kids start with “ma” or “mama”, but I’ve been against mainstream since birth. ;P
59. Eating : Nothing! I’m not brushing my teeth again!
60. Drinking : Still working through my bottle of water. I’m almost done, though!
61. I’m about to: Stare half-heartedly at the assignment I’ve already mentioned twice and then go to bed.
62. Listening to : Imagine Dragons’ album “Night Visions”. I actually bought it and I’m really proud of that fact! 😉
63. Waiting for : The next Hobbit-film. Still six months to go…
YOUR FUTURE :
64. Want kids? : No, thank you. Actually, I don’t think I can have kids.
65. Get Married? : I don’t think I’m really the type. And there’s no shame in that, incidentally. It is a life choice, just like any other. Wow, sorry for the outburst. It just really annoys me that women are defined by marriage in this world. I might get married, though I consider it unlikely, but mostly what I want is that this wouldn’t determine who I am as a person. And if someone comments on this to say “oh honey, you just haven’t met the right guy yet” I will consider my point about society completely proven.
66. Career?: I have to make some choices about this at the moment and, no, of course this doesn’t freak me out. I need a sarcasm font.
WHICH IS BETTER :
67. Lips or eyes : Eyes are more important than lips.
68. Hugs or kisses : I’m uncomfortable with hugs and I think I still have psychological scarring from that time when I was little that my… grand-uncle (I think. My grandma’s brother, I’m none too good at these terms.) grabbed me and kissed me full on the mouth with his huge moustache. Which is not to say he’s some sort of pedophile or pervert. That was just how he always greeted you. I think I started crying when he tried it with me.
69. Shorter or taller : You have to be talented to be shorter than me (kidding), so I’ll say taller. 😛
70. Older or Younger : Not too picky, but older. Just a bit. Not like 20 years.
71. Romantic or spontaneous : You have to hit me over the head with a mallet before I notice romance.
72. Nice stomach or nice arms : … I don’t know?
73. Sensitive or loud: Loud completely overwhelms me, so, sensitive.
74. Hook-up or relationship: Relationship. No question.
75. Funny or Shy?: Funny (any kind, preferably nerdy humour) is very important but shy is cute, though I wouldn’t wish social anxiety like I have on anyone else.
HAVE YOU EVER :
77. Drank hard liquor : I don’t know what counts as hard as I’m laughably bad at knowing about liquor. My parents allowed me little sips of all kinds of things ever since I was little and then I turned teetotal (see #11) before I was legally allowed to drink (which is 18 here). I know, I know. I’m a campus joke.
I had a martini once. I didn’t like it. Goodness knows how I even managed to get it, as I was way too young. Apparently that waiter didn’t have eyes! Beer, champagne, wine… bleggggh. I don’t like the taste.
Missing two questions again… Okay, you guys make something up and I’ll answer it.
80. Broke someone’s heart : I don’t think so. No hearts were harmed during the process.
81. Had your own heart broken : You don’t want to know how many books have torn out my heart and then broken it into little pieces and then burnt the pieces. (I’m looking at you, HP6. I don’t think I was ever the same after reading you.) I don’t know how many hearts I still have left to lose! 😛
82. Been arrested : No. Been glared at for being thought too young to drive though.
83. Turned someone down : Yeah, I told someone just the other day there wasn’t any space in our elevator for him to squeeze into.
84. Cried when someone died : Yes. All of them fictional characters. No, I did cry at a funeral once, but I was crying because everyone else was crying and it’s really hard to see grown men weeping.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
86. Yourself : Yes. Except for all the times when I don’t.
87. Miracles : Yes, miracles do happen. Even today.
88. Love at first sight: Regarding human interactions: yeeeeeeeahhhno. Love on first page: absolutely! I would prefer love on first page. Though book relationships that slowly mature and grow on you until you realise after half the book that you are irrevocably in love… yesssss, my precious, those are good too (Reference: my relationship with LotR.).
89. Heaven: Yes. Though I’m not sure about the specifics a lot of the time.
90. Santa Claus: No. Never have either.
91. Tooth Fairy: *Ooh! Copy and paste!* No. Never have either.
92. Angels: Yes.
I don’t know how soon I’ll have another post ready with all my other work, but until then