I don’t know what to say

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

And next week it’s Christmas. Wow, can you believe that?

I just feel I should clarify that actually nothing is wrong. I’m not sick, I haven’t had a breakup or anything and no-one has died. It’s just… I don’t actually know what is wrong.

I’m still doing the Capturing December challenge, by the way. I’ve got the pictures and everything. Now I just need to edit them and upload them. I’ll try to do that tomorrow if I don’t get yet another headache.

Also, I saw The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey last week and loved it. So I made a vlog about it, but later realised it was so disorganized with me throwing lots of loose opinions around that I think I’ll have to re-record or it will make no sense at all. Well, I’ll still post it sometime. Just thought a video would be easier on those not wishing to be subjected either to spoilers (I just can’t talk about it without giving some things away) or my rambling.

And I’m working on a new origami tutorial (finally!) , to be posted before Christmas, so I’ll keep you posted on that too.

Here’s to cheering up!

Signature

1. I’m so glad you did this post. I think everyone gets miserable for no reason at times (at least I hope so, because it happens to me as well). It’s so frustrating – like “Brain, you should be happy! You are alive and that is a wonderful gift blah blah blah”. Mine doesn’t tend to listen to that sort of thing, though. Still, this post has cheered me up šŸ™‚ Thanks so much for saying that you think people should be allowed to just act unhappy if they are. I always feel like I need to act cheerful even when I’m not, and it’s exhausting, so it’s great to hear about somebody else who doesn’t think that’s necessary all the time.

PS: Do you ever find neck craning to be an issue when watching movies in a horizontal position? That’s my major problem.

December 21, 2012 at 12:35

• I know, right? I just kept telling myself “You just saw The Hobbit and you’ve been looking forward to this for two years and you should be over the moon”, but my brain is very stubborn. šŸ˜‰
      Thank you, this comment has cheered my up! šŸ˜€
      I hate pretending to be something I am not, whether this is personality-wise or feeling-wise. I’d fight for freedom of feelings! šŸ˜›

No, I have a bolster-pillow that my mum made for me that I use when reading or working on the laptop in bed. It makes being horizontal so much easier. Without it, I definitely agree that horizontal is a pain in the neck, though. šŸ˜‰

December 22, 2012 at 22:41

2. I feel quite the same sometimes. And I end up biting off people’s head trying to understand WHY I’m feeling a certain way. I guess I should just let it go but I’m pathologically incapable of letting things go until I think I understand them well enough. Bittersweet attribute really.

December 21, 2012 at 16:51

• That’s good to hear! Yes, people will ask you a million times whether you are sad and/or annoyed and you don’t have an answer, until they ask so many times that you eventually get annoyed.

December 22, 2012 at 22:44

3. Glad I’m not the only pessimistic human on Earth.

December 22, 2012 at 06:46

• If you think I’m pessimistic, you should meet my father! šŸ˜‰

December 22, 2012 at 22:45

4. It’s normal and you’ll be fine. Just eat some chocolate and listen to The Smiths. I do that when I’m feeling down. šŸ˜›

I don’t remember how I got here, but I really like your blog! Be well.

December 22, 2012 at 11:53

• I feel better today, thanks. I don’t know who that is, but I usually immerse myself in Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit. It’s the cure for everything! šŸ˜›
      Hehe, thanks! šŸ™‚

December 22, 2012 at 22:50

• The Smiths are the amazing authors of this utter brilliant song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INgXzChwipY

And one of their songs say: ‘There’s more to life than books, you know, but not much more’. šŸ˜‰ No, I’m not trying to brainwash you into them. Haha.

I love LOTR and The Hobbit too. Maybe that’s how I got here after all. šŸ™‚

December 24, 2012 at 12:21

• I just listened to it. I love the lyrics! šŸ™‚
        Well, that’s a great way to get here! šŸ˜€

December 27, 2012 at 23:28

5. I loved this post. It was so honest and still ended up being amusing in the end! You should definitely write about The Hobbit. I saw it recently, and it was good but definitely different than the book in that the book is way too short to be spread out into 2 or 3 movies.

December 27, 2012 at 08:03

• Oh! Um, thanks! šŸ™‚
      I’m making a vlog about it. It’s easier than writing, because if I do, it’ll probably be about 2,000 words and no one wants to read that much. šŸ˜‰
      I was actually surprised at the amount of original lines they kept in the movie and I don’t think the book is too short for three movies. With the amount of content they are adding from the appendices and The Silmarillion, I think they could easily reach three movies’ worth. The physical book is short, but the story is very long really. If we get to see Gandalf’s antics when he leaves the party and more of Dol Guldur and links to LotR that are in the appendix but not in The Hobbit, the story already doubles in length. Also, just by showing the point of view of both Bilbo and the dwarves when they are separated stretches the story, because the book mostly only gives us Bilbo’s POV. Just my opinion. I’ve given this a lot of thought and I think what they are doing does work. šŸ™‚

December 27, 2012 at 22:32