Sleeping

Please take a moment to appreciate the conformity of my last two titles. 😉 It was going to be “Sleeping positions”, but I decided I should stop misleading people with sexual innuendos, because you won’t find any of that kind of sleeping in this cartoon.

Let us then pretend that it is not really late and that it is still Tuesday. It is still Tuesday in my head anyway. So, put it down to holiday brain and more on.

Cover

Sleeping positions

Disclaimer: I have never fallen asleep on a laptop keyboard and cannot answer for this untested assumption. I am happy to say that I have always had the presence of mind to close the laptop lid before sleeping on top of it. 😉

So, what postures can you add to that list? I actually do all of the ones I added, that’s how I know the list is lacking. 😛

Look, I wrote a post without mentioning writing at all! Yes, we are back on track. And with that nice feeling, I’m going to bed now and maybe test out this cartoon. I spent pretty much all of the day making a cover for my eReader and also making myself very sticky. Then I had to go un-sticky myself before drawing this cartoon.

Ooh, wait, before I go. Has anyone here read The Book Thief? What did you think of it? I’ve heard great things about it. Or maybe you know some other books that you think I’d like? You see, I have a book voucher that needs spending before Sunday and it would be a shame to waste it, so I’m considering what to use it on. I’m reading A Game of Thrones at the moment, and I have finally found a character that I hate more than Draco Malfoy and Dolores Umbridge combined. I think this is the mark of a good book. 🙂

Good night, good afternoon or good morning! Whatever time it is for you.

Signature

1. LOL, loved these. I know one position. It’s where you face plant on your keyboard, from posting role play all night. We call it doing a “waffle face” ie ; key marks indented on your cheek. ❤

December 5, 2012 at 01:03

• Ah, the good old role play! 🙂 That’s a good name too!
      I once fell asleep in the library with my bag as a pillow and woke up just 5 minutes before my English class was due to start. Unfortunately this meant running into class with a huge red weal across my cheek where it had stuck to the bag’s zip. Everyone could see what I’d been doing! 😆

December 5, 2012 at 22:44

2. Sleeping on the ground (aka accidentally battling a war in the middle of the night and falling off your bed.)
    My grandpa has (literally) fell off his bed three times. All include dreams.
    Case one) he dreamed that a tiger was chasing him, so he turned to kick the tiger and he fell off his bed
    Case two) he dreamed that he was in World War Two, and he jumped to avoid a bullet and landed on the floor
    Case three) he dreamed that he was at a soccer tournament…
    All of the above are true ^-^ I’ve only witnessed it once, when I was almost asleep and I heard a *thud*

…the pink bed you drew is pretty

December 5, 2012 at 03:55

• I forgot to add floor sleeping! Though I do that through studying on the floor and then falling asleep, not by dreaming… I wouldn’t know what to do in that situation! Laugh, go back to bed…?

I prefer the blue one, myself! 🙂

December 5, 2012 at 22:50

3. Cracking post! I relate most to the last image, as I suspect will most others. However, I never spar with Sleep and let her cast weave her magic, thoroughly.

December 5, 2012 at 09:34

• Yep, same here! Glad you like it! 🙂

December 5, 2012 at 22:51

4. I’ve always thought the choice of positions in those sleeping diagram-thingys was weird. I mean, does anyone actually sleep in the “log” position? I normally sleep on my stomach with one leg bent up like I’m going to karate kick someone, with one arm out to the side and the other one pinned underneath me. It is about as confusing as it sounds, and it’s probably not very good for me. Also, I laughed out loud at the “I’m on a romantic picnic” position 😀

I haven’t read The Book Thief, but I have heard it’s really good (probably not the most helpful comment). What about The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time? That’s a great mystery novel about a boy with some kind (it’s not explicitly stated) of mental disability. It has lots of pictures and lists, and you really get to know what it’s like inside the main character’s head by the end.

December 5, 2012 at 09:38

• Me too. Does anyone actually sleep in the exact same position all night? Don’t you get achy if you do?
      I thought it was rather funny myself. Also, it gives horrible backaches, so don’t try it! 😀

I’ve heard about that one! I’ll take a look at it as well, thanks! 🙂

December 5, 2012 at 22:55

5. Hahahahaa, I usually fluctuate between the soldier and the fetus, but your positions have opened a totally different and wider scope. Thanks for illuminating me. 🙂

December 5, 2012 at 21:36

• 😀
      I usually go to sleep as the fetus, but very often wake up on my stomach with my head stuck under the corner of the pillow, which is probably indicative of a strong desire not to wake up… 😉

December 5, 2012 at 22:57

6. Is the picture with six positions a psychologically attested or agreed picture or is it just like your cartoons of this post?

December 6, 2012 at 10:29

• Apparently it is. You’ll find those same six positions in many different sources. I’m not sure if I believe it though, which is why I parodied it.

December 7, 2012 at 23:42