Sliding down banisters is awesome, except…

Hello!

I hope everyone had a really great weekend and that Monday is not too blue for you! I was just thinking of one of the most embarrassing moments that I ever had in school, so now I am sharing it with all of you. Would that help to make it less embarrassing? Probably not, but I’m sharing it anyway!

Here goes…

I must have been fuelled by embarrassment, I think!

Well, I guess I have to count the small blessings. I could have flashed everyone in the school, falling like that in my school dress. I could have been seriously injured from that fall. In the end, I think I got off lightly, because the only thing that really took a knock was my pride. Sure, my entire right side hurt like hell for days, but my self-confidence took rather longer to recover (I’ve never had very much of it anyway :P).

Soooooo, now the Olympics is over and I had to find more creative ways to procrastinate this weekend (I refuse to watch the track and field – too many bad memories come back). That meant that I watched way too many videos on YouTube when I should have been working. This one especially cracked me up. I couldn’t stop laughing! I just love LotR behind-the-scenes videos – it’s almost always hilarious! 😀

With that said, it now really is time to get back to work!

1. Say! Maybe sliding down banisters copuld be a new Olympic competition. You have 4 years to practice and compete in 2016 at Rio. Of course, cushioning the floors at the end of the banister is optional…

August 13, 2012 at 17:44

• Yes! Especially the bit about the cushions on the floor… I’d like some of those nice ones the gymnasts use… 😛
      Also, the next competition could be procrastination! I sure know I’m good at that, though it’d be the most boring thing to watch ever! 😆

August 14, 2012 at 20:13

2. That was nice! 🙂
    I hope my comment don’t make you feel embarrased 😉

August 13, 2012 at 19:56

• I’m glad! 😀
      No, that’s fine! 😉

August 14, 2012 at 20:15

3. I was never able to slide down banisters successfully. I’d always go way too slowly for it to be any fun because I was afraid of falling off onto the steps! I would have to master the sliding before it would be possible for me to try to master catching my footing at the bottom. 😉

August 13, 2012 at 20:20

• Strangely, I was never scared of going fast, though going slowly can be quite fun too! 😛

August 14, 2012 at 20:36

4. I’ve never been able to slide down banisters! xD I have my own thing about walking and being able to trip over nothing – which happened to me while I was carrying a ton of books right when the bell for the end of school rang! Who knows how many students watched me take a massive faceplant, books flying everywhere! One guy stopped to ask me if I needed help (I refused), and then later told the story during the senior send-off (in my school, they interview all the seniors about their most memorable/embarassing.exciting/etc. moments and then air them over the tv system). How humiliating!

August 13, 2012 at 20:51

• Must say, I’m pretty good at tripping over my own feet too! 😉
      Oh no, that sounds so humiliating, especially him telling it to the whole school! 😦 I remember this once when I was about 14 or 15, I was carrying one of those backpacks with strings for handles in my hand and as I was passing an older guy, the handle got tangled in the buckle of his suitcase. So there we were both standing in the middle of the busiest corridor in school, trying to untangle our bags… so embarrassing! It’s funny now, though! 😀

August 14, 2012 at 20:43