Well, I’m back. (And on Pottermore).

My titles just keep getting weirder and weirder. I seem to like putting punctuation in them lately. Also, I’m going through another “quotingΒ Lord of the Rings“-phase.

Anyway… hello! How is everyone? I’m (mostly) back from my exam-imposed exile. I wrote three papers last week. Three! I only have three modules! And the exam period is three weeks long, but what happens?

^^ Pinterest supplies me with wonderful things like this, to help me rant my way through three papers. Now I only have one paper left, two weeks later than the others. I usually hate my exam timetable, but this time it is worse than usual.

Well, that is all over and I survived. And now… on to what happens now.

Once these exams are finally over, I’m going to go away on a little holiday. A bit of road trip and a visit to family. I will be taking mobile internet with me, but I don’t think I’d be able to blog. So, I got an idea! I decided to queue up a lot of posts. (Not a very original idea, I admit.) But what would I write about?
I starting searching for a topic or blog challenge that would last me a long time. Finally I settled on the 30 Day Book Challenge, which means I can talk a lot about books. I love talking about books, but most people don’t want to listen. They tend to walk away in confusion, but the blog can’t walk away on me, or try to remind me that the things I read are not real. (I hate it when people try to do that. I know it’s not real, but that’s not going to stop me talking about it as if it was real. πŸ˜› ) Well, I suppose the readers could walk away in disgust. But you are not going to do that are you. *glare* πŸ˜›

I have nearly finished writing all the posts and then I will start queuing then up. Actually, I think that it will be more than 30 posts. Why? Well, if you ask me to talk about my favourite character, do you really expect me to talk about only one person? Some of the entries grew into small essays, so I split them up seeing that I did not want to actually cut them shorter. So then I will post them across several days, because no-one wants to read that much all at once.

I will start posting the entries further apart before I leave, so that there is still space for me to pop in with other posts, but once I leave, I will set them to post everyday. Won’t that be fun? The only time that this blog has ever been active with posts!

Now for the most important order of business… (to me, anyway πŸ˜‰ )

Pottermore!

I’ve wanted to get into Pottermore ever since I heard about it. I signed up for beta, but I never got an email. Then, when it opened to the public in April… I was in the middle of working through my stack of assignments and I was so disappointed. I was seriously tempted to just create an account anyway. Once, I got as far as the log-in screen and I was filling in my details when my sensible side decided to close the browser window to avoid further temptation. So I waited… until really late on Sunday night, I think. Then I signed up. I went much too fast through the first few chapters because I wanted to get to Diagon Alley and the Sorting Hat so badly… A wand and a House… those were the main attractions of Pottermore to me. Especially the House. I always wanted to get Sorted when I read Harry Potter all those years ago. Even though it’s just an online quiz it still felt… more official to get Pottermore to tell you your place at Hogwarts, instead of you deciding for yourself.

So… first I did the wand quiz and got a wand:

I thought it was kind of cute how the quiz asked: “Are you short, average, or tall for your age?” Obviously I’m a bit old for any “for your age”, but I’m still short. πŸ˜›

And then… I got to go on to the Sorting Hat quiz. I knew what House I wanted to end up in, but I wasn’t at all sure if I would get it. I know many people complain about not getting what they wanted on Pottermore and how the quiz is rigged, so I was ridiculously nervous. When I started the questions though, I could not see how people think it is rigged, or that you can really cheat on it. Sometimes there are six options to choose from and sometimes only two. And it is hardly ever obvious where any of the questions lead to, so I don’t think you could lie and answer in such a way that you would be guaranteed to end up in your preference. I must say, some of them I could answer immediately and some of them left me stumped. πŸ˜‰ There is no indication of how many questions are left (actually, I wondered if some people get more questions than others) and I was still happily beavering away, when a screen popped up.

And…

………

YES! πŸ˜€ Exactly what I’ve always wanted, ever since I was a tween! πŸ˜€

Even when I was a little kid and my mother read meΒ Philosopher’s Stone as a bedtime story, I wished that I would be in Ravenclaw. My preference never changed, even though I haven’t read a Harry Potter-book in years. I went on a happiness-high for the rest of the night. And the next day. I’m still kind of excited right now. πŸ™‚
If there is anyone here who is also on Pottermore and would like to add me as a friend, my username is:

An unexpected bonus if you add me is you’ll be able to see in what country I live. It has always been something that I am sensitive about revealing online, because you wouldn’t be-lieve the stupid comments people leave you if you are not from one of the “mainstream” countries like the USA, the UK or Canada. I want to be judged on who I am, not where I live. So I completely stopped revealing my location. However, on Pottermore you can’t hide it. πŸ˜‰

Right, now I’ll stop gushing about how wonderful Pottermore is. But can I just say that I love exploring the entire site? Right, right…
And I apologise to anyone who is not a fan of Harry Potter and found that entire last piece incomprehensible. I’ll try to limit my talking about it! πŸ˜‰

In other, non-related news (nothing in this entire blog post is related to anything else), here are the results of the poll I put in my last post. Thank you to everyone who voted! I was surprised to see the wide age range of people who have patience with my ramblings! So…

I think that is now everything! I’ll get round to starting the book challenge posts sometime soon!

Ravenclaw-ish love,

PS. On the 3rd of June I finally achieved a 500-day writing streak on 750words.com. Phew! That was a lot of hard work, but I’m still continuing on! πŸ™‚

1. haha, sound like wonderful sites, but I honestly don’t have time to go in there as well.

June 14, 2012 at 01:54

• I probably won’t have time for most of the year either, so I’m making the most of it! πŸ˜€

June 14, 2012 at 21:51

2. Only 3 modules? thats so awesome!

June 14, 2012 at 02:55

• I’m third year. πŸ˜‰ And that’s three per semester. I should really only have two modules, but I’ve never been able to resist taking extra.
      I believe I had 11 modules in the whole of my first year. πŸ˜‰

June 14, 2012 at 21:50

• Wow.. thats little. I have at least 5 modules a sem. Sometimes 6. And it can even go up to 7.

June 15, 2012 at 03:21

• The whole course was restructured shortly before I started there. They merged several smaller modules into one, so we have less mods but have to do more credit hours each. I guess it makes everyone’s lives a bit simpler. πŸ˜‰

June 15, 2012 at 21:38

3. The_Imp

Ah! But LotR quotes are so epic! πŸ˜‰

” I love talking about books, but most people don’t want to listen.”
    ^^I love talking about books too! πŸ˜€ And movies and games and TV shows and… *sigh* Actually, that might explain why we are friends! Geeks and Nerds are awesome.
    I’m looking forward to the 30 Day Book Challenge posts. Hopefully I have read some of them and will be able to contribute with my random babbling about characters and the like!

“Well, I suppose the readers could walk away in disgust. But you are not going to do that are you. *glare* ”
    ^^Mmm. I’ll have to get back to you on that! πŸ˜‰ *g*

I’ll leave my Pottermore comments off of the blog. (For now.) I’m sure you’ve heard them all before-and will hear them again! *sheepish* πŸ˜› I’ll just add in with my Ravenclaw Love/Pride. πŸ˜€ Go, go Claws! *cheers*

Congrats on the 500-day writing streak btw! I’m a little awed. I have months where I can’t write anything and months were I can write quite a bit. (Not the NaNoWriMo 50,000 words, but still quite a bit.)
    Being so consistent with your writing…is a little terrifying to be honest. πŸ™‚
    I’ll have to start thinking about a 1000-day writing streak present! πŸ˜€

That’s it, I think. Hope I’m not forgetting anything I wanted to comment on.

June 14, 2012 at 10:36

• The_Imp

*Where not were.
      Why do I always have so many typos? Not to mention grammar and spelling errors. *crawls into a hole*

June 14, 2012 at 10:38

• Hahaha! πŸ˜‰ It amuses me to no end for no discernible reason when you leave another comment to fix all the typos! πŸ˜†

June 14, 2012 at 21:39

• -Yes, they are! πŸ˜€
      -Eep, yes! Most people tend to cut me short, probably because they know how long-winded I can get… πŸ˜‰ (I just typed “long-minded”. I suppose that’s true as well. πŸ˜› ) Ah, aren’t we awesome? πŸ˜†
      -I think you’ll probably have read many of them. Seeing that we read not only similar things, but also each other’s books… πŸ˜‰
      -Go Eagles! πŸ˜€
      -Well, it’s not very useful, because I tend to complain about how I can’t write, instead of actually writing fiction. πŸ˜› So, it’s probably closer to journalling, with the occasional story or blog post thrown in.
      You still have 490 days to think! πŸ™‚
      -You could always leave another comment if you forget something! πŸ˜‰

June 14, 2012 at 21:48

• The_Imp

~*giggles* Long-minded. πŸ˜‰
        ~Indeed! We are RIDICULOUSLY awesome!
        ~I’m already making silly guesses at to what books and characters you are going to post about. *sheepish* πŸ˜€ I really think a LotR/Sam post is possible. (Or it could just be me HOPING you make a Sam-related post.)
        ~I suppose I could, but then it would lead to another comment after that comment just to fix my typos! Which could be amusing but would ultimately be full of nonsense…or more nonsense. Whatever.

June 15, 2012 at 16:27

• -I don’t know how! It’s not as though w and m are close together on the keyboard! πŸ˜‰
        -Including the ability to make awesome typos! πŸ˜€
        -Hehe, you’ll have to wait and see. But there will be some LotR. And probably Sam. And my OTP, which you probably know what it is. πŸ™‚ And far too much gushing about Terry Pratchett. πŸ˜‰
        -:lol:

June 15, 2012 at 21:35

• The_Imp

And there it strikes again! *sighs*
        ‘As’ not ‘at’. *shakes fist at self*

June 15, 2012 at 16:28

• Hahahahahahaha! πŸ˜†

June 15, 2012 at 21:23

4. So I have to join Pottermore to find out where you live? But I’m too old for that! I think. . . . πŸ˜‰

June 14, 2012 at 19:14

• Hehe! πŸ˜‰
      I’m older than you… I think! And I’m having fun! πŸ˜†

June 14, 2012 at 21:37

• Oh, but are you more mature than me? Wait, don’t answer that. πŸ˜€

So how old are you anyway?

June 15, 2012 at 20:26

• Haha, yes I think it is probably better if I don’t answer that! πŸ˜€
        I’m 20. I’ll turn 21 at the end of the year. πŸ™‚

June 15, 2012 at 21:22

5. Aurelia

So glad you’re enjoying Pottermore! I love the artwork created for the chapters.
    Congrats on making the Claws ^_^
    I hope Chamber of Secrets comes out soon. Ive been waiting nearly a year lol XD

June 20, 2012 at 18:32

• Hehe! πŸ˜€ Me too! It’s so nice to see drawings for a change, instead of the movie-created world (which I also love, by the way).
      Thanks! Which house are you in, if I may ask? πŸ˜‰
      Oh yes! People keep placing bets on 31 July or September 1, but I’ve been playing online games for so long that I’m not expecting too much. I know how erratic updates and things can be! πŸ˜›

June 20, 2012 at 20:10

6. Aurelia

The drawings were definitely nice. I wish we could learn more about the people who drew them. I only know of one person. I wish I was good enough to draw for them lol!
    I’m in Slytherin and I love it there. They’ve been really nice to me ^_^
    Whenever the date is, I hope it’s soon….though yeah, Pottermore does have a tendency to continuously push back dates lol. Bah, very frustrating hahaha

June 20, 2012 at 22:21

• Slytherin is probably the only house that I would not have accepted if the Sorting Hat tried to stick me there. Not because I think there’s anything wrong with being in it, simply because I think it is the only house that I have no characteristics of. πŸ˜‰ Hehe, I’m quite a lot Hufflepuff too, really, but my true love is Ravenclaw. πŸ˜€
      Most online games do that! Very frustrating yes! *sigh*

June 30, 2012 at 23:05

• Aurelia

I guess that makes me different from many people because I can see myself in any of the four houses ^_^ I am kind of glad to be in Slytherin though. It makes me believe that I have enough ambition to reach my career goals lol. And I definitely want to accomplish my goals XD Plus, I do have the tendency to want to prove people wrong. I’d like prove to people that not all Slytherins are evil bullies haha.
        So happy you’re in love with Ravenclaw! How is it? Are the people nice? Have you been having fun dueling? ^_^

July 1, 2012 at 15:37

• I still think that most people have qualities of more than one house, though not necessarily all four. I know I am Ravenclaw, but I can also see myself in Hufflepuff, though not really in the other two. πŸ˜‰
        I like it very much! I haven’t had any unpleasant experiences and everyone seems very nice. Hehe, I’m a danger to duelling! I just lose house points and we really can’t afford that seeing that we have the least people. So I just avoid it mostly. I am, however, enjoying Potions very much, especially the challenge of Herbicide! πŸ˜€

July 20, 2012 at 01:00