My Handwriting is Crabby

I have pretty terrible handwriting. I always used to get in trouble in first grade over my inability to write exactly on the line. Guess what, I still don’t write on the line. I write between the lines (and read, hehe. Sorry. *cough*) but my letters don’t exactly touch the line. And I hold a pen wrong apparently, but that is neither here nor there. In fact, sometimes it looks as if a crab, or a spider, got in some ink and walked all over my page. Random thought: a crab would probably be better at this than a spider, seeing that they walk sideways already…

*drumroll please*

Cover

If you still don’t believe me, here is a shot of my recent class notes:

Photo0443

My habit of sometimes writing three lines inside one printed line is not helping matters either…

Hope you enjoyed those drawings without even a single stick figure! The other thing is…

You may have noticed something a little different round here. I hope none of you thought that you ended up on the wrong blog! Yes, I changed my theme and did a complete redesign, using my own header and background this time. My old theme has bothered me for a long time. I like the playfulness and the fun of it, especially in the details, but I long felt that it was too “busy” for my content. My content is already so bright and varied that the large, bright header and background felt too much. I needed something cleaner, because I want people to come to my blog for the content and not have that overshadowed by my theme. I also did not like that my old theme did not display my images very large. I draw them much larger than you ever saw on the blog before, and I want to utilise that. This theme has a huge display, yay! Open-mouthed smile

I also added some follow buttons over there in the sidebar –> (I think you may have to scroll upwards at this point). Yes, I made them too. I have Twitter, Pinterest, Goodreads, Bloglovin’, RSS feed and, of course, a Tumblr in there. Feel free to follow me there! I don’t use my Tumblr much – usually only to “like” or reblog and follow other Tumblrs. But sometimes I post quotes that I decorate on there that I do not post here.

See you again soon!

Oh, PS. New origami tutorial is (finally) up!

IMG_3812

Go check it out! (Click on the picture.)

Sig2

1. You’re not alone. 🙂

April 12, 2012 at 22:05

• That’s good to hear! 😉

April 12, 2012 at 22:36

• Hey Elana.. you are very very creative..Your new theme is really nice.. =)

April 13, 2012 at 18:21

• Thank you, that’s so nice! 😀

April 13, 2012 at 19:33

2. Okay: 1) I love the comic, the crab is very clever; and 2) I teach, your handwriting is quite fine–I hand letter most of my comics and your quickly taken notes have better penmanship than do my carefully crafted letters. Keep posting. I enjoy your approach.

April 13, 2012 at 00:15

• 1.) Aww, thanks! 🙂
      2.) Hehe, then I don’t know what my teachers complain about! 😉 Must say, that’s not the worst of my notes. My Middle English notes are much worse than my Shakespeare, because I constantly have to check my book for spelling as the lecturer talks. Ugh!
      Thanks, I will! 😀

April 13, 2012 at 18:05

3. Love your new blog design! Good job. I want to redesign mine someday…but I haven’t had time yet. The crab design is great. Who cares if you can’t write pretty…you cartoon pretty.

April 13, 2012 at 01:21

• Glad you like it! *sigh* Yes, it does rather take a lot of time – only the hours of browsing through themes already takes it out of you!
      Yay, glad it’s recognisable, seeing that I’m not too sure what a crab looks like… 😉 And thanks! 😀

April 13, 2012 at 18:08

4. That’s so funny! I write the same way! My mum drilled it into me how to hold a pen/pencil correctly when I was little, so I have perpetual indents on my fingers from where that pen or pencil gets held (I write pretty hard sometimes) but as for writing all over the notebook, I do that, too. I’ve peeked at my best friend’s school notes and she’s got them all bulleted in tidy rows and organized and whatnot. I scrawl story ideas and snatches of dialogue on all sorts of random paper products, and even when I have lined paper, the notes end up all over the place. 😛 It’s pretty bad when I can hardly read it back to myself, though. Hehehe.

April 13, 2012 at 02:18

• Haha, I also always have indents on my fingers! Actually I use a fingerhood for exams these days, because I hold a pen that it presses right on the cuticle and after three hours of essay-writing, that starts to bleed! 😉
      My bullets are all crooked with arrows and whatnot running all through them. Well, can I help it if the lecturers talks in circles? 😉
      Ah, all the poor people who’ve asked to copy my notes over the years. I can hardly read them, let alone anyone else! They often come back the next day and ask me to read it to them. 😉 Hehe.

April 13, 2012 at 18:13

5. I wish mine was that good. The lines are in order, and I take notes in a modified outline form my father taught me, but the writing looks like a committee arguing about how how letters are supposed to look.

April 13, 2012 at 03:44

• Hehe, wow, it’s the first time someone said that! 😉
      I have no outline, I just write everything, change my mind halfway through, squeeze extra stuff into tiny gaps and make arrows all over the place. I drop half of my “h”‘s and mess up the tails of my “e”‘s. So, it’s not very attractive what goes on on my pages. 😉

April 13, 2012 at 23:46

6. Love your crab! And the bookmark. Thanks.

April 13, 2012 at 07:30

• That’s good to hear, thanks! 🙂

April 13, 2012 at 18:08

7. Nadia

That crab is the cutest crab ever! 😀

April 13, 2012 at 11:47

• Well, even if my handwriting is not cute, at least the crab that causes it is cute! Thanks! 😀

April 13, 2012 at 18:09

8. Great post, and really, your handwriting isn’t all that bad. I used to use a computer program to put my dialog balloons in, but then decided I like the more “organic” feel of writing it out with a pen. Also noticed you are a fan of 2 of my favorite blogs, “Hyperbole and a Half” and “The Oatmeal.” It is good to study from the masters. Love the new theme BTW

April 13, 2012 at 21:29

• I really can’t hand-draw at all, so I do everything on the computer. I type faster than I write anyway. 😉
      Ha, yes, they are great blogs. It’s nice to see what legends are doing every now and then!
      Thanks, I’m glad you like it! 😀