More literal sayings and other things

Well, hello! I hope everyone had a great week!

After my previous post on portraying the literal meanings of words turned out quite popular, I thought I might as well draw a few more. This time it is…

Taking Sayings Literally.

Enjoy!

Don't fly off the handle!

Don't lose your temper!

Keep your hair on!

And that’s it for drawings today! But I still have a few more things up my sleeve! Or rather, up my computer fingers!

Seeing that it is (almost) the last day of March, I wanted to make a graphic representation of what my month looked like. Let me introduce…

Homework Extravaganza

March

Really, that 23rd truly was a nightmare day. And the 27th was not much better. Now I just want to go to sleep, but I can’t. I’ve got a few more assignments and stacks of homework waiting for me. Blargh!

However, I should hope that I was still able to laugh as I struggled through the 3rd week of March. This is what made me laugh:

Photo0437

Yes, those are sticky notes all round my laptop screen. It’s my references for said HUGE assignment. I stuck them there because I kept forgetting which author wrote what article and in what year. And then I had to page through everything again when I wanted to quote. That got annoying.

Lastly, I recently saw some bloggers making typography images with all the fonts that they regularly use and I thought it was a very good idea. I try to use only a handful of signature fonts in my cartoons, but if you’ve been around for a while you’d know I have a slight font obsession. So… this is mostly only for my own benefit to remember which fonts when/how/what, but maybe someone could find it useful. So I’m sharing it!

All these fonts are available as free downloads (obviously). Actually I don’t use Elven Common Speak or Lime Glory Caps in my cartoons as they are too hard to read, but I only included them because I use them in my blog signature.

Fonts.png

Have a great weekend!

Sig2

1. I love the style of the cartoons. Can I pitch you some ideas for more “literal” phrases? Well, I’m gonna do it anyway and you can ignore them if you wish.

“I got a million things to do!”
    “This is gonna cost me an arm and a leg!”
    “I’m dying for some spam!”

March 30, 2012 at 21:41

• That’s awesome to hear! Sure, go right ahead if you have any ideas for me! 🙂
      Not quite sure how I’d draw “a million things”, but the other ones are great! I’ll add them to my list, thanks! 😀

March 31, 2012 at 19:14

2. Love the drawings, LOL! I wonder if those fonts can be downloadable to a Mac and can be used in Pages.

March 30, 2012 at 22:29

• 😀
      I know hardly anything about Macs, but I think some of those fonts are Windows-only. The font websites would probably indicate for what operating systems they are though.

March 31, 2012 at 19:10

3. I loved Don’t fly off the handle. I don’t blame you for having a font obsession. There are so many cool fonts in the world. The graphic artists I work with are font fanatics. I wouldn’t mind being one too…but they boggle my mind and make my head spin.

March 30, 2012 at 22:54

• Yay! 😀
      That’s true. I really should avoid font websites, because I simply have no resistance to them. 😉

March 31, 2012 at 19:07

4. Haha! I love these! 😀

And congratulations for surviving such a crazy month!! The sticky notes are so me. I can never remember sources. 😛

March 31, 2012 at 01:10

• That’s great to hear!
      You’d think that I know better than taking extra subjects by now… not! 😀 And I’d rather have my screen covered in sticky notes than get accused of plagiarism! 😉

March 31, 2012 at 19:03

5. Yikes! What a busy month. Well I’m here happy as a fish in the sea.
    ~Eli

March 31, 2012 at 04:59

• Hehe, rather! 🙂

March 31, 2012 at 19:01

6. your march calendar remainded me of my engineering days :)… good luck with all the up coming stuffs :)…. cartoons are very good as always 🙂

March 31, 2012 at 13:24