The Umbrella Chronicles and Valentine’s Origami

Okay, that title came out a bit awkward. But it does still say exactly what this post is about, albeit with a strange combination. So, new cartoon and new origami tutorials today!

First things first:

I wrote up two tutorials on Valentine’s Origami. Just click on the pictures to be taken to the tutorials! =]

And then…

The Umbrella Chronicles

It happened this week. Well, actually it happens so often that they can start using me as a form of weather prediction. It will rain on the day that Elana leaves her umbrella at home! Yes, I got caught outside without my umbrella, and obviously I was very far from a building. By the time that I had run into one, I was more or less soaked. But the thing is, you see, I almost always have my umbrella on me when I go out for the day. Winter and summer. When it doesn’t rain, I use it to walk under if I go in the sun, because I’m trying to avoid getting tanned. But then sometimes… it looks like rain the entire week, but it does not rain… until this happens:

Yeah…

I hope everyone has a great week and that you won’t be caught without your weather-protective gear! πŸ™‚

1. Shelley Jo Rojas Saracin

Heehee. Funny. Glad you wrote about it; I’m sure many other people can relate. πŸ˜‰ Happy V-Day, Elana!

February 13, 2012 at 00:24

• Thanks, I hope so too!
      And the same to you, Shelley! πŸ˜€

February 13, 2012 at 12:31

2. Raining, AND he/she is naked.

February 13, 2012 at 01:09

• Hahaha, all my people are unnaturally black, unnaturally thin and naked. Controversial, anyone? πŸ˜‰

February 13, 2012 at 12:30

3. That seems to always happen to me! πŸ™‚ Too cute.

February 13, 2012 at 01:35

• Glad to hear I’m not the only one! πŸ˜€

February 13, 2012 at 12:30

4. Again, smiles. Thanks.

February 13, 2012 at 02:23

• Yay, I’m glad to hear that! πŸ˜€

February 13, 2012 at 12:29

5. It’s so cute πŸ˜€
    Thanks.

February 13, 2012 at 08:08

• Aww, thanks! πŸ™‚

February 13, 2012 at 12:29

6. Haha, I can totally relate to that. When I was living in Germany I never left the house without an umbrella when there was even just only one cloud showing. There was always a chance it might rain.

Have a Happy Valentine’s Day!!

~Anja~

February 13, 2012 at 19:22

• Yes, there is always a chance – I know! But that chance just about triples if you happen to forget your umbrella! πŸ˜€
      Thanks and the same to you, Anja!

February 13, 2012 at 23:21

7. Sleeick Inc.

Haahahahhaha…hmmm… i wonder whtd happen2 d person d other way round…
    Monday – Thursday – no umbrella no rain
    Friday – by some divine intervention – umbrella and then it rains.
    What a glad fella thtd b!

February 13, 2012 at 21:47

• That would be one very lucky fellow. And I also doubt the existence of said fellow. Nobody is that lucky when it comes to umbrellas! πŸ˜‰

February 13, 2012 at 23:19

8. Hahahaha, I can totally relate to that. They don’t know how to predict the weather around here.

February 13, 2012 at 22:55

• Ha, it’s the same here! I sometimes wonder if they know how to predict the weather anywhere in the world! πŸ˜‰

February 13, 2012 at 23:16

9. Always a joy to read your blog!

February 13, 2012 at 23:16

• Aww, that’s awesome to hear! Thanks! πŸ˜€

February 13, 2012 at 23:22

10. Justin Kirby

I really like your blog & I’ve nominated you for “The Kreativ Blogger Award!” Check out the link for details:) Congrats!

February 14, 2012 at 00:44

• Well, wow. Thank you! πŸ˜€
      Um. Now I suppose I have to stop ignoring these things and do something about it! πŸ˜‰ Thanks!

February 14, 2012 at 14:24

• Justin Kirby

Hahah…yes, it’s official…you have a “Kreativ” Blog:) Something must be done now for sure! I’m so lucky that it’s finally this award that might motivate you. Keep up the good work!

February 15, 2012 at 02:59

• I got the Awesome Blogger Award before. I acknowledged it, made a post and moved on. Then, after FP, I received it twice more and… I just sort of let it sink away. Well, I have made a post like that before, so it would be a bit strange to accept the same award again in the same way. But seeing that this is a different one, I’ll have to make a plan for a post! πŸ˜‰

February 15, 2012 at 20:26

• Justin Kirby

Elana,
        You know…you have gotten sooo many of these…if you want to take a vacation on this one (or the next one too)…I won’t hold it against you:) All this means is the obvious, that your blog is cool. keep up the good work!
        Justin

February 16, 2012 at 02:45

• No, no, I will do it, but my posts are pre-planned and anyway I’m running around like a mad March hare at the moment. Just hang on until it gets to the fore of the queue! πŸ˜‰

February 16, 2012 at 22:25

• Justin Kirby

No problem:) Enjoy your time & I understand your process. Just know that you are doing a great job. That’s what matters most. J.

February 17, 2012 at 01:24

11. Another great post, love it. I want to award you the versatile Blogger award – http://showard76.wordpress.com/2012/02/12/row80-2012-check-in-and-versatile-blog-award/

February 16, 2012 at 12:52

• Now things are getting complicated! I was just having a discussion about this. πŸ˜†
      Thanks for thinking of me! πŸ˜€

February 16, 2012 at 22:21

12. Are you bringing an umbrella tomorrow? I need to know if it rains. πŸ˜‰ You have such good stick figures too! My newest post has one picture I drew using paint, and if you read it, it’s about how to daydream. Actually, don’t go. The text is demented. O.O
    ~* 😦 *~

February 17, 2012 at 03:21

• Haha, I didn’t have my umbrella today, and it did rain a bit. I missed it this time, though. My theory is still holding up! πŸ˜‰

February 17, 2012 at 19:31

13. i saw your blog post on home page. and i glad i quick on your blog. cause i having a great laugh about the umbrella Chronicles!! gonna stick around for your next updates πŸ˜€ and and..origami cranes, me love πŸ˜€

February 17, 2012 at 14:27

• I’m happy to hear it entertained you! πŸ˜€

February 17, 2012 at 19:32

14. What do you use to draw your pictures? I use Paint, and it turns out all weird… Can you post up a page about when you are and aren’t bringing your umbrella? I can finally get rid of the weather forecast.
    ~* Eli *~

February 20, 2012 at 19:29

• Haha, I’ll have to start a weather channel! πŸ˜‰
      I’ve drawn all of my latest cartoons in Inkscape. I still sometimes use Paint, but it’s a lot harder to get things to turn out all neat. Also, it turns out pixelated, which I don’t like. Inkscape, being vector art, is never pixelated and you can learn it easily with a bit of practise… okay, okay a lot of practise. It took me months! πŸ˜‰ Actually, I learned using aviary.com’s Raven tool. It’s cool to practise in if you don’t want to download anything.

February 20, 2012 at 22:05

15. I love the cartoons!

Also – tag – you’re it http://cinquecentoproject.wordpress.com/2012/02/22/tag-youre-it/

February 22, 2012 at 21:02

• Aww, thanks so much!
      Eep, another of these! Thanks for thinking of me! πŸ˜€ I’ll just put yours on ice for a week or so, until I’ve dealt with those above you! πŸ˜‰

February 23, 2012 at 11:18