10,000 Thank You’s

Hey guys! Great news!

Cartoons and Creative Writing just hit 10,000 hits today! (No pun intended.) This is something that I have dreamed of for a long time, but I had no idea how soon it would happen. Fact: my previous blog is still only at 1,300 views, even though it is a year and a half old. I stopped posting on it a year ago now. This blog is… 226 days old. That is, if the site that did the math for me is correct. That is 7 and 1/2 months. There are 33 posts (this is the 34th). The average per day is 44 views. The current average is quite a bit higher, of course. Close to double in fact. But the starts of this blog had a lot of bumps and hiccups in the works!

Right. Enough with the statistics. We all know I know how to read my blogging dashboard. (Really, Google Chrome, you are allowed to grow up now and stop underlining “blog” and “blogging” in red for me. Those are accepted words, you know.)

The French have a saying that they use when “Thank you very much” just doesn’t seem to cut it. They then say “mille merci”, which, obviously, means: “A thousand thank you’s.” Today, I would like to modify this a little and extend 10,000 thank you’s. One for every view of my blog. Like I said in my last post, all the statistics mean nothing without the readers. So here is my big

from my leastย misanthropicย persona, which does sometimes win the battle and come to the front.

I feel so grateful for everything right now.

I’ll be back soon with more making fun of the idiocy of the English language!

1. The_Imp

CONGRATS! ๐Ÿ˜›
    (I wanted to say something more eloquent but unfortunately nothing comes to mind. ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Here’s hoping to another 10000 hits.

January 11, 2012 at 11:45

• Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜€ (Ever heard of a thesaurus? How about an online one? ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Hehe, yep! Let’s hope I can announce 20,000 hits before the end of the year! ๐Ÿ˜›

January 11, 2012 at 23:22

2. Arc Blazen

Congratulation!
    How did you do it?

January 17, 2012 at 20:00

• Thanks!
      Well, it mostly just happened. All I know about successful blogging is to make sure that your writing is always of a high quality, that you have regular, original content and to interact with your readers and the community as much as possible.

January 18, 2012 at 12:16

3. Congrats on your victory! Here’s to many more!

January 17, 2012 at 21:11

• Aye aye, sir!

January 18, 2012 at 11:54

4. Well here’s a hearty handshake & huge hug to my fellow English student- not just 10 000 hits but now 13 000! Congrats Elana!

January 17, 2012 at 22:12

• Thanks so much, Bronwen! It’s over 16,000 by now! Phew, what a deluge! ๐Ÿ˜‰

January 18, 2012 at 13:10

5. Irina

Well Elana, you reported something wrong. French people say: Merci Beaucoup and Italians say: Grazie Mille or Grazie infinite not the reverse “mille grazie”( so weird and touristic).
    You just mixed it up.

January 18, 2012 at 01:57

• Really? We used “mille merci” in French class. It was in one of the handouts that we had to practise. I remembered it, because I obviously got into trouble for pronouncing “mille” with an “l”. That was before we did up to a thousand in figures.
      Anyway, I could have made a mistake.

January 18, 2012 at 10:18

• Mille mercis (the final “s” is not optional), dear Elana, for quoting French encore une fois! Irina is not quite right about your alledged mixing up Italian “Mille grazie” and French “Mille mercis”. Although “Mille mercis” is not used verbally, it is perfectly correct in the written form.
        Zis is a Frenchman who tells you.
        Please, keep making such jolies mistakes!

January 24, 2012 at 05:46

• Well, thank you for clear that one up!
        Ack! That final ‘s’ – I am always forgetting to add it, even though I know it should be there. Stupid! ๐Ÿ˜‰
        Thank you for correcting me, I was wondering if I had gotten completely confused (very likely) and I wondered how I could have remembered wrong. Oh well. I never said I speak French well. I don’t. I can read babyish things, but it takes me about a minute to figure out how to say one sentence. And then I will almost guaranteed make a grammar mistake. ๐Ÿ˜›

January 26, 2012 at 01:54

6. I love your blog, won’t be surprised if you hit 100.000 soon

January 18, 2012 at 02:27

• I’m so overwhelmed right at this moment that it wouldn’t surprise me either!

January 18, 2012 at 09:56

7. A very late congratulations ๐Ÿ™‚ …. loved your cartoons …. hope to see plenty in future ๐Ÿ™‚

January 20, 2012 at 11:53

• Oh well, better late than never! ๐Ÿ˜‰
      I’m glad you liked them!

January 22, 2012 at 17:48

8. Hey this is miracalman. I appreciate the originality and the effort it took to be different.
    Your amazingly talented . I too have an original blog that I would love for you to checkout.
    etherealtimes.com . I would love to calibrate with you since your such an accomplished cartoonist
    and illustrator. I’m a writer first. Fine art photographer and artist second. So please check out my blog let me know what you think. Thanx again for your generousness talents.

miracalman
    ps my avator is my original sketch.

January 24, 2012 at 02:00

• Thank you for the lovely comment!
      I suspect you mean collaborate? Oh, I’m a writer first too. I just like doodling.

January 26, 2012 at 01:56