Lord Voldemort, the shower and yours truly

Status update: Elana is back on duty!
Eating: What is this stuff? *pokes it, peering into the bowl*
Drinking: Hot Chocolate. Mmm!
Listening: “Someday” ~ John Legend
Reading: This interesting blog post on a blog named Cartoons and Creative Writing. You should read it too! Winking smile

First off, Readers: Y’all should appreciate this post muchly.

Why? Well, because this week I, being my usual foolish self, managed to tear the tip of my left thumbnail completely off, and then into the nail bed. It hurts like— like— something that you can imagine that hurts in incredible amounts. If only there was an interesting story behind my little accident it might have been better in some way (more ideas for blog posts for one thing), but unfortunately it must be the lamest story you have every heard about a wound like this. I was sitting in the library, being academic, tried to take my diary out of my bag, it got stuck, I yanked at it, my fingers slipped, and when I looked again the front part of my nail was hanging like a flap. Ouch!

But I still haven’t explained why you should appreciate the appearance of this post. Well, that would be because, with a finger like this, it hurts to do basically everything that I need to do. It hurts to write with a pen (I write with my left hand), it hurts to type, it hurts to pick up my bag (yes, the guilty party in my wound), it hurts to take a bath and it hurts to put on my clothes. Therefore you should have appreciation right now, because I still bath (not that you care), I still wear clothes, I still write and, most important of all, I am still typing this blog post at the time that I had said I would do it.

Now. Without further ado, let us proceed to the long-awaited (not!), new, long cartoon!

The following anecdote happened when I was about 12 or 13 years old. I think… Well? Are you going to check?

Cue… the incident of Lord Voldemort, the shower, and… yours truly!

Voldemort 1Voldemort 2Voldemort 3Voldemort 4Voldemort 5Voldemort 6Voldemort 7Voldemort 8

Yep. I was a stupid kid. I still am actually, sometimes. (Think torn-off thumbnail! Winking smile) And this was just sooooooo embarrassing!

But in all seriousness, for quite some time, I was truly scared of reading Harry Potter because I so scared of Lord Voldemort. But, when reading the later books, this fear was replaced by an irrational fear of that pet snake of old Voldy. Nagini, I think? Seriously, for years, when I was blow-drying my hair in front of the mirror, I would be continually checking behind me, and under the bed because I was scared there would be a huge snake there. The reasoning behind that being, if the hairdryer was making such a noise, I would not hear the snake sneak up behind me! Embarrassed smile I know, I know… Therefore, thinking of my childhood fear, I was very gratified to watch that snake getting killed in the final Harry Potter-movie. As I watched it, I thought that if my childhood had to die along with this movie, then my phobia might as well go as well. Hah! I truly hated that snake!

And this post just made me look like the hugest Harry Potter fan! I’m not actually. I liked it whilst it lasted; the final movie made me extremely melancholy and nostalgic; sometimes it annoyed me greatly… but I can’t say that I was ever a Harry Potter fan-girl! *ahem* Rambling off-topic again… (And now I have an addiction to ellipses!)

Lastly a special announcement: to my very special Impish friend, the professional geek, the Serverus Snape of our world, and sayer of really strange things Such as…

Shalane1

Here’s a big internet hug for you!  *hug* Hope you enjoyed your

birthday! Birthday cake

Up next (that means next week some time, hopefully!): A new short story! A fairy-tale — Elana-style.

Rainbow ~ Elana

1. Love your illustrations! Nice post too!

July 31, 2011 at 12:06

• Thank you! I’m glad you like it! 😀

July 31, 2011 at 15:05

2. The_Imp

Oh! *g* The strange Voldemort-phobia amused me to no end! >:3 I also giggled at the illustrations! Random censor frame FTW! 😉

Ooh, en dankie vir die b-day wishes! *hugs you back* (Internet hugs are the best! 😛 No actual touching! *g* ) I do have one question however…

I would like to know how I am like Severus Snape! >:3 (I’m EXTREMELY pleased to hear that I’m like him, of course.) Anyway, my random squeal het Jaco laat instorm en dit laat lees en toe was hy all ‘Is jy soos Snape?! O.0″ *cue awkward silence*

Gotta love siblings! 😀

July 31, 2011 at 16:48

• 😛 Well, I giggle at my own pics too, so… yep! Ek het besluit dit sal te awkward wees om een van daai risky shots te doen wat hulle altyd in die seep ads op die tv in shower doen. (ja, die tv binne in die shower! 😛 Daai sin maak geen sin! 😉 ) So there goes a random censored frame!
      Pleasure!
      As for your Q…
      Firstly, die simile moes inpas met die hele HP-themed post. Therefore, it had to be a HP char. Secondly, met jou, soos met Snape, is mense geneig om net jou front raak te sien, en nie ook al die schemes ( 😉 ) en depth daaragter nie! *ducks*
      Thirdly, julle het altwee swart hare. Joune is net hopelik nie in so ‘n horrible greasy style nie…
      Fourthly, jy’s ook ‘n cold-towards-random-people, anti-social type. (That likes glaring at people from high tables…) 😉
      Enough reasons? 😀
      Ooh, hoop nie Jaco is nou bang vir jou nie! Or hates you! If he’s one of those that doesn’t like old Snapey! 😉

July 31, 2011 at 17:33

3. well i was waiting for this ……whatever it is (i forgot this time too)for a week.i l like Ur amusing nature Ha Ha Ha,with these simple illustrations u have totally expressed yourself,this short piece of writing was quite amazing to read and this time too i read to the end and at one point i was surprised(ya that “Here’s a big internet hug for you! *hug* Hope you enjoyed your birthday! Birthday cake”. funny thing is that i thought u wee greeting me(sorry but i had my b day on 26 July) .i loved that last graphic “Q”i didn’t understood it,but its like a “BIG Question”for me that’s so “IMPortant”. loved that graphical Q so much that i just saved it right now……ha ha,i am happy that next week you would be posting a fairy tale or something like that,i love reading them or hearing them…..(actually i live in fairy tales(big joke isn’t so?.nice ….piece of writing,but it was too small to enjoy too much,can u plz post a BIG piece of writing?thx for the greeting ,loved this post!

August 1, 2011 at 06:39

4. omg ,i just discovered that i was totally wrong for what i just said,that imp is a person and those greeting for him…..oops i was totally wrong this time again ,so much confusion!

August 1, 2011 at 07:10

• I’m glad you like the illustrations! It is strange, but when I started drawing years ago, I drew realistically, and everything had to look life-like. But the more I draw on here now, the closer and closer I move to Impressionism. Strange, isn’t it? 😉
      It’s okay, we all have a totally wrong moment every now and then! Yes, The Imp is my best friend in real life, and she also had her birthday last week. And the last picture is a representation of one of her sayings. I’m glad you like that one as well – I am quite proud of my work in that one! 🙂
      Well, the fairy tale will be at least 1000 words. But I can never stop at that, and it will probably lean towards 2000 words. But don’t expect a traditional fairy-tale from me, I like to twist them my way and make jokes about them! 😀

August 1, 2011 at 19:07

• Oh, yes, thanks for the invite to Yahoo’s social network or whatever it is called, but no thanks. I used to have a Yahoo address, but I couldn’t stand the way Yahoo works and I let it expire. I like Gmail much better now. So yeah… sorry! 😦

August 1, 2011 at 20:45

5. gmail(mohleo.sharma8@gmail.com)for short quick messages what u say?is it ok to you?dont say that i am getting on ur nerves ,i just want to share my little world(imagination,creativity and blah blah)

August 3, 2011 at 15:55

• No, it’s not that you are getting on my nerves. I don’t think that Gmail is very effective for sharing social network-type things. Except for GTalk, but I don’t hang about in chat rooms, I mostly switch mine off, or I will waste all evening in there! 😉
      But feel free to send me an email if you like, you have my address. 🙂

August 3, 2011 at 20:16

6. what does that “cute q”signifies?i lovd that track,someday by john legend

August 4, 2011 at 19:03

• Nothing actually. It’s not supposed to mean anything. I made a typo and added a ‘q’ to a word that didn’t need a ‘q’. Then she told me that the extra ‘q’ looked so cute there that I should leave it in. It was only a joke! We do lots of those! 😀

August 5, 2011 at 20:29

• mohit

oh ok ,i thought it was carrying a deeper meaning,well it was all creativity !

August 5, 2011 at 20:37

7. mohit

any new post for today?I am eagerly waiting for the fairy tale!

August 7, 2011 at 16:03